Planning a wedding is a special milestone in your life!
The Magical Trips TPI Team specialize in creating Magical Memories that our clients cherish forever!
We have a team Travel Professionals who are continuously training, visiting different destinations, and making very important connections with different suppliers world wide; all to ensure your Destination Wedding is magical! Some of our team members have even had their own Destination Weddings, Vow Renewals and have escorted Destination Weddings Groups.
Whether it's an intimate celebration for just the two of you, or a grand ceremony and reception for 150 of your family and friends, we can assist finding your perfect destination wedding location!
Intrigued on how we can assist you? We offer a complimentary information session to all bridal couples. This can be done by telephone, email, video chat or in person.
After your complimentary session you will have the opportunity to hire the advisor.
All destination wedding couples will receive the following services:
- travel quotes from multiple suppliers to ensure lowest pricing and best travel options
- destination information and a confirmed wedding date prior to booking their group
- assistance while travelling to ensure everything runs smoothly.
Once the group is booked, you will receive
- custom designed wedding information website to share with your guests
- electronic email invitation
- electronic documents for all guests with helpful destination information
- a facebook group that you can invite all your guest too.
Wondering the places we have assist couples with weddings?
Here's a list of the magical places that has hosted our wedding couples:
Jamaica - Sandals South Coast, Sandals Dunn's River, Grand Bahia Principe Runaway Bay, Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, Iberostar Beach Rose Hall, Iberostar Suites Rose Hall, Sunset Beach Resort Montego Bay, Hyatt Zilara.
Dominican Republic - Hard Rock Resort, Majestic Elegance, Majestic Colonial, Palladium Palace, Dreams Palm Beach, Dreams Punta Cana, Paradisus Palma Real, Now Onyx.
Cuba - Iberostar Varadero, Blau Varadero, El Patricia Resort, Paradisus Varadero
Mexico - Azul Fives, Azul Senatori, Eldorado Royal, Moon Palace, Dreams Puerto Adventura, Grand Bahia Tulum, Grand Sirenis Resort, Sandos Caracol, Dreams Sands, Hyatt Zilara, Hard Rock Cancun, Barcelo Maya Grand.
Antigua - Sandals Grande Antigua
St. Lucia - Coconut Beach Resort
Cruises: Disney Cruise Line, Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, Celebrity Cruise Lines and Princess Cruise Line
Planning a wedding is a special milestone in your life!
One of the fast growing trends for couples is to combine a vacation with their actual wedding. I have been assisting couple planning Destination Weddings since 2010 and there are many wonderful reasons more couples are now making a Destination Wedding their first choice.
Here are the five top reasons why Destination Wedding have become such a wonderful trend:
1. You can combine your dream vacation with your special day. This makes for such an amazing way to celebrate your love for each other. Imagine getting married on a beautiful white sand beach with blue skies as you canopy, or maybe even in a castle in Ireland, or a vineyard in Italy, or even a chapel at the Walt Disney World Resort with Cinderella's Castle as your back drop. There are so many amazing options to chose from.
2. Cost. Often a Destination Wedding cost significant less than a wedding at home especially if you planned on doing a Honeymoon too. Many reasons come into play. Items like wedding planner, decorator, caterer etc... Often with a Destination Wedding these are included as part of one package and sometimes these packages can even be free depending how large your group is travelling with you.
3. Guest List. Having a wedding at home often means you feel obligated to invite extended family and friends you have not be in touch with for a long while. With Destination Weddings the guest who attend are typically those you are closest with and as an added bonus instead of just spending a few hours with them you are vacationing with them and have lots of time to connect and make magical memories. You can even do some neat excursions before or after the wedding as a group.
4. A Wedding Planner. Many hotels (especially in the Caribbean) and cruise ships have a wedding planner on site who assist with your day. They are professionals that know all the tricks to make everything extra special. Often their services are included with the packages meaning you do not have the extra expense to hire a Wedding Planner like you would at home.
5. Combining you Dream Honeymoon with your special day. Often you can easily extended your trip since you are already away or upgrade your accommodations to make the honeymoon part of your trip extra special. With many weddings at home being on weekend and many people wanting to go on a honeymoon immediately, your honeymoon options can be limited. Depending where you live many destinations have limited flight options and often they are weekend flights. Also if you were hoping for a cruise for your honeymoon often they leave only on the weekend. Getting married in the Destination you want your honeymoon to be will make it much more likely.
What is the timeline for planning a destination wedding? This varies with the couple and the destination. I have planned weddings for the same month of travel multiple times however it can be very challenging especially if looking for a legal ceremony, travelling with a group and wanting a wedding during winter season in the Caribbean.
Here's the timeline and process that tends to offer the best selection and lowest rates for travel due to early booking bonuses offered for group travel.
Timeline for All Inclusive Destination Wedding for Groups:
12 to 18 months in advance
- Make an appointment to meet with a Destination Wedding Specialist to discuss dates, destination and resorts. Also to give the Destination Wedding Specialist an idea of your expectations for your budget for your wedding, for your travel and for your guest travel.
- After your meeting the destination wedding specialist will proceed with gathering information for you. They will create a short list of resorts based on information they gather from your meeting, they will contact those resorts to ensure wedding dates are available during that time, they will send out for group than send out for price quotes from all the major suppliers that service the airports of you and your guest.
- Once you have decided on your package; your Destination Wedding Specialist 1. Confirm your wedding date and introduce you by email to the wedding coordinator at your resort so you can put in your request for reception location and more. 2. Confirm your travel arrangements. Typically with the majority of travel suppliers you can pay a non-refundable deposit for the bridal couples travel (typically between $500 to $1000) and this will typically hold space for up to 30 people and 15 rooms for up to 3 months giving you plenty of time to invite your guest. The deposit will just come of the total of the bridal couples package at final payment. If more than 30 people confirm we simply just ask for more space at the special group pricing.
- Have a website created for your wedding. Many Destination Wedding Specialist will do this for you. Our Destination Wedding Specialist create a wedding website, facebook group and email to share with all your guest. This gives information on your special day, on the destination and resort, how to book, important travel advice and more.
11 months in advance
-Flight schedule is released; wedding website is updated and guest notified.
-This is a great time to pick your wedding attire!
6 months in advance
This is a great time to touch base with the wedding coordinator at the resort.
3 months in advance
-Typically this is when final payment for the travel arrangements is made. It may vary slightly depending on the promotions offered with the travel package.
If travel insurance has not been arranged this is the time to ensure you have it before final payment is made!
-A Travel Manifest is sent to the Resort by your Destination Wedding Specialist with all your guest information and rooming request.
-This is a great time to touch base with the wedding coordinator at the resort to ensure they have all the documentation they need for your ceremony.
2 weeks to 1 month in advance
- This is around the time the travel documentation goes out to the group. Everyone should read through their documents and let the Destination Wedding Specialist know if they need adjustments or have questions! Also it is advised that everyone take a printed copy of their documents with them.
- Make sure all alternations have been completed for your wedding attire.
1 week prior
- Do the final packing!!
24 hours in advance
- Check your flight schedule.
3 hours prior to departure
- Arrive at the airport
Looking for a Destination Wedding Specialist? We are here to help!
Jaime Murphy - Certified Travel Manager
Specialty: Focus is Once in a Lifetime Travel Experiences. (Special Birthday Trips, World Cruises, Retirement Trips, African Safari's, Destination Wedding Groups). Multi-generational Group Travel. Cruising. River Cruising. All Disney Vacation Products. Orlando Vacations.
Beaumont, Alberta Office +1 780 929 8889 Cell +1 709 770 5689 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sherry Myles - Certified Travel Counsellor
Specialty: Focus is Travel for Families. All Disney Vacation Products. Multi-generational Group Travel. Cruising. River Cruising. Orlando Vacations.
St. John's, Newfoundland Office: +1 709 237 5776 Email: email@example.com
Charlene Richmond - Certified Travel Counsellor
Specialty: Destination Wedding Groups. Caribbean Vacations. Cruise Vacations. Las Vegas Travel. Orlando Travel.
St. Philips, Newfoundland Office: +1 709 895 7545 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle Philpott - Certified Travel Counsellor
Specialty: Cruise Vacations, Sun Packages to the Caribbean and Florida, Pilgrimages Worldwide, Destination Weddings and Group Travel.
Paradise, Newfoundland Office: +1 709 781 4461 Email: email@example.com
Stephanie Corcoran - Travel Counsellor
Specialty: Planning Vacations to Orlando, All Inclusive Packages in the Caribbean, and Las Vegas
Mount Pearl, Newfoundland Office: +1 709 743 9373 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org -
Krista Dunn - Travel Counsellor Registered with TICCO
Specialty: Destination Weddings, Walt Disney World Vacations, Sun Packages in the Caribbean and Florida, Cruise Vacations
Wabush, Newfoundland Office: + 1 709 987 0313 Email: email@example.com
Roxanne Antle - Travel Counsellor
Specialty: Orlando Vacations (Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando), Family Travel to the Caribbean, and Cruise Vacations
Bishops Falls, Newfoundland Office: +1 709 258 2015 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah Barnes - Travel Counsellor
Specialty: Exclusively Walt Disney World Resort and Orlando Vacation Planning.
Botwood, Newfoundland Office: +1 709 293 4067 Email: email@example.com
Jennifer Jones - Travel Counsellor and Wedding Photographer
Speciality: Destination Weddings, Family Travel, Adventure Travel, and European Travel.
Fort McMurray, Alberta Office: +403 612 8420 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org